Friday, December 26, 2008

Jessica's 6th Birthday

OK Late, I know, but at least it's still in the same month :)

Jessica turned 6 on Dec 16th. She has been wanting to get her ears pierced and we fineally conceeded and had them pierced after we had a birthday dinner at Red Robbin - Ice Cream and all!


Here is Jessica just prior to the piercing.


I tried to catch the facial expression just as it poked through - But Jessica didn't make much of a face.




Jessica picked out some flower shaped earings.



One of Jessica's presents came in a bag that was as tall as she is!

We Love having Jessica in our Family! She is a little fireball of emotions, but has a very loving nurting side as well. She cares for her stuffed animals and dolls as if they were real! (Seat belts in the car, set's a place for them at the table, etc.)
One cute story about Jessica recently was when I was talking to her and telling her about how she got her name (Holly and I had a small wager, whoever guessed the closest to her birthweight got to have the final say on the names we had been thinking about. I won - I hit it right on the money - 7lbs!) Anyway, as I was relating this to Jessica I told her "I just GATTA Have a Jessica, I just GATTA to! (stealing a line from the moving Annie ) Jessica was standing right in front of me (facing me) as I said this. She then took both of her hands and held my face in her hands and starred me in the eye and said "And you GOT one!" It was very cute and fit right in with her personality. Luckily Holly was able to whitness the whole thing too!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Jessica looks so old in the top picture!! She is beautiful just like her whole family.

Happy Holidays to you!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

She is getting so big. What a sweetheart! You have a great family!

Cassie said...

She is beautiful! Sorry Brad, she gets that from her mother. The most beautiful women I know. It was hard growing up with a really pretty friend. Happy Birthday Jessica. Glad you are blogging.