I looked in the pantry and at the bowl of freshly picked tomatoes looking for something that might spark an idea. It didn't take long and I had a dish in mind - no doubt the gormet version of this idea was more than likely stolen from something my Mom made or something I saw on Mindy's blog - The Bad Girls Kitchen. Here is what I came up with...
Vine Ripened Cherry and Grape Tomatoes & Anaheim Peppers picked fresh from from our Home Grown Backyard Garden and Fire Grilled Marinated Chicken Tenders (left over from last nights dinner). All Sauteed in some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned with some Fresh, Coarsely Ground Black Pepper and some good old Table Salt. All of which was placed on top of some instant Rice a Roni Fettuccine Alfredo pasta mix. I know, I know, all you real cooks out there are screaming " Sinner! " in you minds as you read this - for mixing all those fresh ingredients with instant, preservative and sodium packed, Rica Roni - but hey - I did the best with what I had at the time! :) Additionally, although I could have handled cooking some real pasta - there is no chance I could have made an Alfredo sauce from scratch - I can't even spell "Fettuccine Alfredo" with out spell check or looking at the box!:)
4 comments:
I won't hold the Pasta Roni against you, it makes a quick, easy meal. Your chicken & tomato topping sounds great! With all those tomatoes, you really should try my Fresh Tomato Basil Cream Sauce
Good luck!
Min
The Bad Girl's Kitchen
I am so way impressed! You can come cook for us anytime!!
Looks yummy to me!
Impressive!
Post a Comment