Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Hike

I went for a hike yesterday. I have been wanting to hike Maple all summer long and for some reason just had other things going on and hadn't accomplished this goal yet. So yesterday I strapped on my favorite hiking boots, my backpack and some hunter orange (it was the opening day of the deer hunt and did not want to be mistaken for a deer in some over excited hunter's eyes!).


Grandma and Grandpa Lambert's House - as seen from th top of Maple Mountian.


On this hike I came up with a few conclusions:

1. I'm out of shape!!! My legs are killing me!

2. ipods help keep your mind off the pain!

3. I really need to get a new camera & lens. Ever since my lens broke for my SLR I have been "real" camera-less. Point and shoot cameras are for the birds!

4. Fall is definitely my favorite season!


5. Life was meant to be lived outdoors - if we never get out we are missing the best things in life!








No comments: