Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Early Christmas Present

I had the "pleasure" of giving myself an early Christmas present this year! Actually, I haven't actually seen it yet, but I was able to feel it (Boy did I feel it!) and it cost me $125 now, and I'm sure more later. :)

The $125 was paid via check to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center Emergency Room, and in turn they gave me a CAT scan, a shot of morphine, and a urine strainer. Yep, that's right, Kidney Stones for Christmas!

The good news that the "First" stone appears to have passed. The bad news is that there appears to be some others that are still waiting to spread their Christmas cheer.

Today will mark the second time I've ever had to call in sick to work. The first was when I had my appendix out a few years ago, now it's these blasted kidney stones. (Ironically the pain is quite similar.) It will be nice to spend some time at home, play with the kids, and wait for round 2! Thank Goodness for pain pills!!!

I can't finish this post without saying thanks to Holly and her Mom. Holly called Carolee around 3 AM and she was at our house 15-20min later. She stayed at home with our kids while Holly graciously sacrificed her beauty sleep to take me to the Emergency Room. I have Holly to thank for a lot of things in my life but today specifically for taking such good care of me. THANKS!!!

1 comment:

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

Well, Merry Christmas to you!!! Sheesh! Way to go Holly. Keep birthing those stones.